Addicted, by PandaCapuccino
“Some days I just feel like I need you…”
“That’s worrying, Linny. You might be getting addicted…”
Lumi is never enough!
Can we take a moment to look at this?
Here you have two parents and a Bender who knows what it like to have your bending taken away.
I can only guess whats going through her parents mind. They know their daughter is the avatar and that being in danger is always there but now its more then just that. Its their daughter losing part of who she is.
Senna looks rather exhausted, resting up against her husband. Its cleat to see even in her sleeping state she is sad about what happened to her only daughter.
To both parents Korra isn’t only the avatar she is also their daughter.
Tonraq, you can only imagine whats going on in his mind, Thats his little girl. His baby girl. He is putting his trust in Katara to get his daughter’s bending back.
They both want whats best for their daughter.
Then you have Lin Beifong, former earth and metal bender, she knows what it is like to have your bending gone. To lose part of who you are. What makes a bender a bender. She could only hope Katara can help Korra.
Ugh My babies.
I love you guys.
Also, even with her coat on you can see where Korra gets her big boobs from. Yay Senna!
My thoughts on the most recent episode of Korra
Beifong has stolen the show. And my heart.
m-miss lin will u teach me earth bending and also be my gf
More Korra Thoughts
*photo captures my mixed feelings*
- I really like that Korra went after Amon. She didn’t shrink back in fear. She didn’t ask Mako or Bolin to help her, which would have put them in danger. She didn’t search frantically for Tenzin. She was all IM GONNA CATCH THIS MOTHERFUCKER. Eventhough he got away I like that Korra was fearless in facing him.
- I was wrong about Sokka being the baby daddy because that would make Beifong and Tenzin cousins. And they aren’t unless they are and I don’t think Bryke would have cousins date.
- I love Beifong. She is a badass metalbender and I can’t wait to see her kick more ass. I also really like how she saved Korra. That whole fight scene was cool.
- I’m feeling really weird about Pema and Tenzin being so casual about how they ditched Beifong. It seems like Beifong still has feelings for Tenzin and that makes me sad because I know way more about her at this point than I know about Pema. I’m Team Beifong at this point. She better get some sort of happy ending.
- I’m also feeling really weird about the Korra/Bolin/Asami/Mako thing. Bryke sped that shit up so fast. Now we know that EVERYONE like EVERYONE, but we are just going to sit on that? I wish that has developed at a slower pace. I liked that Aang and Katara waited until the very end of the show to really get together. Now I feel like we’ll be waiting for this weird love box to resolves itself in the middle of this equalist war. I’d rather focus on the war and the badassery and this coming from someone who loves to sail ships. around the globe.
- I have this feeling that we’re going to like Amon when we find out who he is. Like he’s Sokka or something. Bryke is not making me hate the guy. I hate that Korra is having nightmares and that he’s trying to kill her, but I don’t hate Amon. I hated that dick who tried to force Aang into the Avatar state, but I don’t hate Amon. I don’t know what to do with myself. HELP ME!
Tenzin and Beifong
I’m wondering now if they were an item as teens and not cousins. Something’s going on there. And Pema? You bitch. :)
Here’s what I think.
Toph is not the super romantic, lovey dovey type, but her feelings for Sokka never went away.
1) I think at some point Toph and Sokka got together. It was steamy. It was hot. There was no lamb skin condom. She got pregnant, but for some reason, whether it be her family roots or her position in Republic City as HMBBIC (that’s Head MetalBending Bitch In Charge), or the shame of such a moment of weakness, she pushed Sokka away.
2) Or they had an on-going secret affair, that on Toph’s insistence they didn’t acknowledge publicly. Sokka would never ask her to keep that secret.
Lin was born and although those close to them knew Sokka was the father, Toph insisted on raiser her on her own. Toph raised Lin to tough and independent. As that toughness and independence grew, Toph was able to see the love and warmth Katara and Aang showed their children. She has no reason to dislike Tenzin, Bumi and Kya, but she can’t help but she a little jealous that they had such a full happy family.
When she is first face to face with Tenzin in episode 1, they have a very interesting exchange. It’s familial. It’s not about strangers or even acquaintences. My first thought was, “They’re cousins.” This was before I saw that the family tree showed that Lin’s father was unidentified and this was WAY before I shipped Tokka, which only happened a few hours ago.
EDIT: Apparently I’m not the only one.
I think now Lin’s still a little bitter that she didn’t get to know Sokka as a father and she doesn’t think that Korra who seems to be leaving a trail of destruction in her wake, should be able to come to Republic City to serve justice that Lin with eventually have to clean up after. I think of course they will be allies eventually, but Korra will learn that they are nearly family.
why you ask?
1) this is a very Sokka face. I’m sorry. Lin is a high ranking authority figure and she throws this “whateva bitch” face? So Sokka. :)
2) speaking of faces. im not posting a million pictures, but just go with me here. If you look at the family tree, Tenzin and Lin have nearly identical face structure, which mirrors Katara’s. (Note that Toph and Bolin as Earthbenders have a similar face structure.) I’ll also go with the water tribe hair part people have been pointing out.
Anywho. Sokka is Toph’s daddy and I’m sure we will find out the whole crazy story.
P.S. I think Lin got those scars trying to prove some metalbending trick to her mother.